The towel crunch is similar to the traditional abdominal crunch. The purpose of the towel is to stabilize the head and provide comfort. It also takes away the tendency to want to pull the chin forward into the chest, which compromises the cervical spine.
Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place a towel behind your head. Hands should be spaced at least 20 inches apart. Tighten your abdomen and roll your torso forward. Your shoulders, head, and neck should elevate slightly, but should not come too high off the ground. As you crunch, be sure to exhale. Perform this exercise slowly and hold the crunch position for 2 or 3 seconds before returning to the starting position.
Try to keep your head and neck in line with your spine. Do not crank your neck with the towel.
Lie down on your back. Place towel behind head.
Crunch abdomen. Hold for 2 - 3 seconds. Exhale.
Return to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades