If you are looking to add excitement to the traditional abdominal crunch, consider rope climbers. In this exercise, the abs go through a similar range of motion as the classic ab crunch. However, two things make this exercise unique. The first is the "rope-pulling" motion. The second is the range of the upper back and shoulders. They come up a bit higher than in the crunch.
Start with the back flat on the ground with knees bent. Crunch the abs. But as you do so, pretend you are pulling yourself up with a rope. Alternate back and forth between climbing hands and be sure to breathe out as the abs contract. The neck should be straight and chin up. Rope climbers work great when done as the last in a series of abdominal exercises. You will definitely feel a burn.
Lie flat with hands in the air (as if to pull a rope).
"Climb" the rope. Crunch the abs. Shoulders should come off ground.
Repeat the exercise.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades