Learn how to do knee tuck floor crunches. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Many people overwork their upper abs while neglecting their lower abs, which are weaker and harder to target. Knee crunches work both together, developing your upper and lower abs in balance.
Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent so that your feet are resting lightly on the floor and your knees are folded toward the ceiling. Keep your pelvis in a neutral position. Bend your elbows straight out to the side as you place your fingertips just behind your ears. Be careful not to pull on your head; your hands are there to help you balance and stabilize your head, not to do any of the work.
1. From the starting position, engage your abdominal muscles, squeezing downward just below your belly button. As you do this, be careful not to tilt your pelvis upward or dig your feet into the floor. The abdominal squeeze will bring your shoulders just slightly off the floor and generate a slight curve through your center. At the same time, begin to bring your left foot off the floor, with the idea of taking your knee toward your chest. This motion should be generated from that same central abdominal contraction.
2. Keeping your right foot lightly on the floor, use that abdominal contraction to roll your upper body up off the floor as you bring the left knee toward your chest, until your shoulders come fully off the floor and your knee is as far in as it can come. Keep your neck neutral, so that your chin stays off your chest (you should have room to fit your balled fist between your chin and your chest), and try not to bring your elbows forward beyond a 45-degree angle.
3. Lower the left leg back to starting position as you return your shoulders to the floor. Immediately repeat the knee tuck and crunch, again on the left side. After you have done a set of knee tucks with the left leg, repeat the exercise with the right leg.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades