Get a good abs workout with this "weighted crunch" exercise. Men's Health shows you how to do it. Using a weighted plate on your chest makes this abs exercise harder, but so much more useful.
Lie on your back with your knees bent and hold a weight plate or dumb-bell on your chest. Slowly crunch up bringing your shoulder blades off the floor, pause, then lower yourself to the starting position.
Aim to keep your head in a fixed position to avoid any pain or fatigue in your neck. Breathe out as you lift up and breathe in as you return to your starting position.
As with all exercises, master the technique before progressing to a heavier weight. We also recommend having a training partner close by who can help remove the plate when you reach the end of your set.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades