The circular motion of this "figure-of-eight crunch" will really work your abdominal muscles. See the details in the video from Men's Health, which shows you how to do a really powerful crunches exercise.
Lie on your back with your knees bent at a 90º angle, squeezing a light medicine ball tightly between them. Place your feet flat on the floor. Place your fingers behind your head. Slowly raise your head, shoulders and feet off the ground. Keeping your torso up, move your knees in a figure-of-eight motion. Each figure-of-eight you make counts as one rep.
Keep your back as flat as you can on the floor and avoid pulling on your head with your hands as you execute each rep. This exercise requires a bit of practise so we do recommend you start off with the lightest ball available.
Too easy? Try going for eight sets of eight reps on the figure-of-eight crunch and take just eight seconds rest between sets. When you can do that, aim for a heavier ball and apply the same techniques.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades