The double crunch exercise involves two movements: a traditional abdominal crunch and a reverse crunch or knee-in. The reverse crunch portion of this exercise is supposed to target the lower portion of the abdomen. However, it is important to note that whenever the knees move toward the chest from a supine position (on your back), the hip flexors are the prime movers.
Begin this exercise by lying on your back. Your legs should be bent at 90 degrees or greater. Interlace the hands behind your head. Once in position, perform an abdominal crunch while simultaneously moving your knees toward your chest. Be sure to contract the abdomen, then slowly return to the starting position.
Notes: You should exhale as you crunch the abs. Never crank the neck during the crunch. Your head should remain facing upward toward the ceiling at all times.
Lie down with feet bent. Place hands behind your head.
Simultaneously crunch the abdomen and bring knees toward the chest.
Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades