Are you tired of doing the same exercises for abs? The jackknife crunch may be the answer to your problems. This exercise effectively works the core muscles. It should be noted that whenever the knees move toward the chest (the jackknife motion), the hip flexors are involved. The hip flexor muscles are actually part of the upper leg. They allow you to kick a ball or lift the knee from a standing position (as in running). Thus, if you are trying to isolate the abs, there are better alternatives. Instructions for the jackknife crunch are as follows:
Sit on the edge of an aerobic step. Lean back and place your hands on the step for stability. Start with your legs extended, then bring your knees in toward your chest. As you do so, crunch your abdominal muscles. The knee and crunch motions should take place simultaneously. Be sure to exhale as you contract your abdomen.
Sit on step. Lean back and place hands on side of aerobic step.
Simultaneously bring knees toward chest and crunch the abs.
Return to start position. Repeat as needed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades