The long arm crunch is a modified version of the tradition abdominal crunch. When the arms are extended above the head, it increases the level of resistance placed on the abs. Thus, the traditional ab crunch becomes a bit harder to perform. The long arm crunch is slightly different from the traditional ab crunch. This exercise is more of a curl up with the arms extended. Instructions for the long arm crunch are as follows:
Lie supine (supine = on your back) on a workout mat. Extend your arms past the top of your head so that your arms are near your ears. With arms extended, curl your torso to crunch the abs. If done correctly, your shoulders should come a few inches off the mat as you crunch. Try to hold the crunch position for 2 to 3 seconds, and be sure to exhale as you crunch. Repeat as needed.
Lie down on mat. Extend arms past top of head.
With arms extended, perform a curl up to crunch abs.
Return to start position. Repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades