This exercise is challenging! The static V-hold is a fairly simple exercise to perform. But if done correctly and at the right time, it can be very demanding. This exercise is most effective when performed as the last in a series of ab exercises; or basically, when the abs are completely fatigued.
First, lie down in the supine position (on your back), then place both hands under your butt. This is done to provide leverage during the "V" position. Once in position, lift your back several inches off the ground. At the same time, elevate your legs to the same height. Be sure your legs are completely straight as you lift. Next, crunch your abs tightly and hold the position for about 15 to 30 seconds. Be sure to exhale as you crunch the abs. This exercise can also be performed using various time intervals.
Lie down in the supine position (on your back). Place hands under the butt for leverage.
Lift back and legs off ground. Contract the abs tightly. Exhale as you contract. Hold "V" position for 15 to 30 seconds.
Return to start position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades