Flutter kicks are often used to work the lower abs. Generally, flutter kicks are performed at the end of an abdominal workout when the abs are fatigued. In reality, this exercise does very little for abdominal development. The main muscles worked are the hip flexors. So if you are trying to get the most out of your abs workout, there are better options.
Begin by lying on an exercise mat. Place your hands under your buttocks. This will help with leverage by reducing the load on the lumbar spine. Raise both legs approximately 15 to 20 inches off the floor. Contract your abs, then perform of series of alternating leg kicks (as if you are swimming in water). Try to keep your abs flexed during this exercise.
Lie on mat. Place hands under buttocks. Elevate legs.
Perform short kicks in alternating fashion. Maintain abdominal contraction.
Repeat the exercise as needed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades