The V-up is one of the more challenging ab exercises. While it may appear simple, there are several factors that make this exercise difficult to execute properly. Some of these factors include timing of the movement, counterbalancing, hip positioning, flexibility, and abdominal strength.
The instructions are as follows:
Lie down on your back. The arms are generally extended past the head. But they can be placed anywhere you feel comfortable. The next step is to contract the abdomen by lifting both your upper body and legs off floor. This movement is done simultaneously. You are trying to touch your toes as close to the midline of the body as possible. If you can't touch the toes, aim for the ankle or shin area, then slowly lower your upper body and legs down to the ground. Repeat as needed.
Lie down on back. Extend arms.
Lift back and legs off ground at same time. Aim to touch the toes.
Return the start position. Repeat as needed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades