Learn how to do flat bench leg lifts. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Looking for a excellent way to flatten and strengthen the lower abdominal muscles? The flat bench leg lifts hits the lower abdominals directly for an excellent isolated workout.
Lie back on a flat bench and hold on to the top of it behind your head with hands. Lift your legs up until they are perpendicular to your body and the bench, and then bend your knees at a 90-degree angle. Make sure your lower back is flat on the bench (see Photo 1).
1. From the starting position, keep your knees bent and lower your legs down so that your feet move toward the floor. Move slowly and focus on engaging your lower abs and pulling your belly button in hard to your spine throughout the movement. Your lower back should never leave the bench.
2. When you have gone down as far as you can, reverse the motion and use your lower abs to lift your legs back up to starting position.
Once you have built up lower abdominal strength, try unbending your knees and doing the leg lifts with your legs straight. This increases the difficulty significantly.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades