Learn how to do hang knee tucks. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
If you think hang knee tucks sounds like an easy exercise, you would be wrong. You'll need all the strength in your upper body to bring your knees up over your head in a tuck, and even more to lower them back down. Abs, shoulders, back, biceps—they'll all feel the burn.
Grab hold of pull-up high bars or any elevated hand grips with your palms facing forward, such that your arms reach directly up from the shoulder and your body is hanging supported by your hands.
1. From the starting position, begin bringing your knees up toward your chest and shoulders. Try not to use your hip flexors; instead, contract your lower abdominals and tilt your pelvis to rotate your knees upward. Lift as high as you can, but remember that you must be able to control your downward motion as well, so go only as high as you can while maintaining form and control.
2. From the top of your tuck, slowly lower your legs back to the starting position, controlling the downward motion with your abs. Do not swing; keep your arms slightly bent and your feet down in front of you as you descend to prevent any swinging tendency. Repeat for a total of 20 knee tucks. Beginners who can't complete the 20 reps at once may rest every few reps but should still strive to complete the entire 20.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades