The contralateral superman exercise is ideal for working the lower back (erector spinae muscle). This exercise also works the hamstrings, butt, and shoulders. Some experts maintain that traditional supermans overload the spine in a potentially unsafe manner. Thus, contralateral supermans are usually the recommended alternative. With this technique, there is a reduced load on the lumbar spine. The following are instructions for contralateral supermans:
Lie face down on an exercise mat with your arms fully extended. Slowly raise one arm and the opposing leg (e.g. LEFT ARM, RIGHT LEG). Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the opposite sides. Be sure to keep your head in line with your spine or facing down at all times.
Lie down face down on mat. Extend arms.
Raise one arm and opposing leg. Keep head down. Go slow.
Repeat exercise on opposite sides.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades