Learn how to do lower back extensions. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
This exercise isolates and strengthens the often-neglected lower back muscles.
Lie face downward on the back extension machine. Your feet should be flat on the footrests and the leg rolls should brace the middle of your calves. Hold yourself flat so that your back is in a straight line with your legs. Place your hands on top of your head, with your elbows out to the sides.
1. From the starting position, bend at the hips and lower your upper body toward the floor. Continue to lower yourself until your body is almost at a 90-degree angle.
2. Raise yourself slowly back to the starting position. Your hips should remain in contact with the bench at all times. Do not arch your back at the top of the movement.
3. Repeat the exercise for a total of 12 repetitions.
Arm and Weight Variations
This exercise can be made easier or more difficult. For a less-challenging version, cross your arms over your chest with each hand on the opposite shoulder. For a more difficult version, hold a weight plate against your chest, with arms firmly crossed over it to prevent it from slipping.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades