The stability ball hyperextension works to strengthen the lower back. Begin by placing your stomach/chest on a stability ball. Your legs should be shoulder width apart and fully extended against a wall behind you. The wall is used to provide leverage during the back extension. Place your hands either on side of the ball or crossed in front of your chest. Next, lift your chest off the ball until the lower back is fully flexed, then slowly return to the starting position. To add difficulty to this exercise, place your hands behind your head.
Place stomach/chest on ball. Extend legs. Shoes should be against wall.
Lift chest off the ball and hyperextend the lower back.
Return to the starting position and repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades