This exercise is called the "single-leg, single-arm, Romanian deadlift" and provides a great leg workout. Men's Health gives the details on this exercise, which as well as blitzing your hamstrings, glutes, and lower back, this move will strengthen your core muscles and stabilizer muscles.
Stand holding a dumb-bell in your right hand at arms length in front of your right thigh. Lift your right foot off the floor. Keeping your knee slightly bent and your back flat, push your hips back to lower the weight towards the floor. Try to go as low as you can without rounding your back and bouncing at the bottom. Pause, then push your hips forward to return to the starting position.
Stand side on to a mirror to check your range of movement and to ensure that your back remains flat as you execute this move. Complete your reps on that leg before swapping to the other side to complete your set.
This exercise works the hamstrings, glutes and lower back, as well as the core and stabiliser muscles. We recommend that any exercise programme has some form of deadlift variation incorporated to maintain healthy hamstrings and a strong lower back. Neglecting these muscles can often lead to muscle imbalance and injury.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades