The seated leg extension is used to isolate the quadriceps muscles. The quadriceps muscles are located on the front of the thighs. As you might have guessed, there are four muscles that make up the quadriceps. Each muscle works in unison to extend the knee. In everyday life, the "quads" are used when you jump, walk, sit, kick, or stand.
For this exercise, ankle cuffs are recommended. This will ensure that the exercise bands do not ride up your leg as you extend them. First, sit in a chair and place an ankle cuff around each ankle. Loop the bands through the D-ring portion of the ankle cuff and tie a knot. Loop the opposite end of the bands around the chair leg. Next, lift your shoes off the ground a few inches, and then extend the knee until it is completely straight. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
Note: The seated leg extension can be performed with a single or double leg.
Loop exercise bands around chair leg. Secure ankle cuffs.
Fully extend the knee.
Return to the starting position and repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades