Learn how to do plyometric clap push ups. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Plyometric push-ups are a great exercise for training power through your upper body. By adding a clap in the air at the top of your push-up, you develop a height goal for the plyometric—and create some hang time in the air.
Take up a plank position on the floor, with your hands directly under your shoulders, your arms extended, and your legs straight and back flat. Be careful throughout this exercise to keep your hips flat—no drooping or piking.
1. From the starting position, slowly bend your arms and descend toward the floor. Keep your neck in line with your spine throughout the movement; do not jut your chin out towards the floor at the bottom of the movement. Stop when your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
2. From the bottom of the movement, develop explosive power through your chest and arms as you push hard off the floor, bringing your upper body into the air. As you pop up, engage your core to help lift you. In mid-air, quickly clap your hands together.
3. Again use your center for control as you land in the starting position, making sure not to let your hips dip toward the floor. Follow the downward momentum of landing into your next push-up, focusing throughout on power and control.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades