You can't see all of your leg muscles, but that doesn't mean you can neglect them. Men's Health provides this workout video about the "clean pull" exercise. This move will work all of those muscles you can't see! Great legs workout.
Load a bar-bell and roll it to your shins. Grab the bar with an overhand grip, palms facing you, and place your feet shoulder-width apart. Keeping your back flat and arms straight, squeeze your glutes as you straighten your legs. Rise onto your toes and shrug your shoulders, then lower the bar to the floor.
This explosive exercise targets the muscles of the posterior chain - basically the muscles you can't see in the mirror such as your lower back, glutes and hamstrings. The trapezius muscles of the upper back and neck area will also be worked as you shrug the bar at the top of the lift. This advanced move should only be attempted by those who are already highly proficient at the standard deadlift.
We do not recommend this exercise for beginners but as a variation for the more advanced lifter. Also make sure you have enough space to execute the "clean pull" safely in your own gym environment.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades