Target your posterior chain muscles. In this video from Men's Health, see a leg workout called the "single-leg squat touch down". This squat targets the muscles of the posterior chain, the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back.
Balance on your left leg with your knees slightly bent and your hands on your hips. Slowly bend your knee to lower your body towards the floor, while reaching towards the outside of your left foot with your right hand. Push through your hell and squeeze your glutes to return to the starting position.
This squat targets the muscles of the posterior chain, the glutes, hamstrings and lower back, as well as the stabiliser muscles of the legs and core. These muscles help prevent you from falling over. This is an ideal exercise for both beginners as advanced. Athletes should also try this exercise to help strengthen the back of the leg, which is often underdeveloped when compared to the quads at the front.
Too easy? Try super-setting this with a larger compound exercise such as the Dead lift to really work those muscles you can't see in the mirror.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades