Learn how to do prisoner squats. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Squats are probably the most useful exercise you can do at the gym-no other single exercise encourages more muscle growth. With a range of motion that incorporates many different muscle groups in the legs, core and upper body, squats not only strengthen those muscles, but also strengthen the tendons and ligaments that connect them. In addition to their strength-building benefits, squats also teach you core stabilization, which is important for almost any athletic endeavor.
Stand in front of a flat bench with your arms up at the sides of your head with elbows bent, your hands gently cupping the sides of your head, and your feet shoulder-width apart. Position your feet so that your toes are pointed straight ahead.
Exercise With Flat Bench
1. From the starting position, slowly lower down until your butt is resting on the flat bench. Keep the majority of your weight back on your heels as you go down, while still applying pressure through the balls of your feet. Push your chest out very slightly in front of you to counterbalance the heavy load on your heels.
2. From the seated position, reverse motion and drive up through your heels (while still applying pressure through the balls of your feet) to return to the starting position.
Exercise Without Flat Bench
1. From the starting position, slowly lower down to a fully squatted position, pulling your weight down through your leg muscles as you descend. Keep your weight back on your heels as you go down. Push your chest out very slightly in front of you to counterbalance the heavy load on your heels.
2. From the seated position, reverse motion and drive up through your heels to return to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades