The standing barbell press is one of the most often seen in movies and in TV shows. The classic chunkhead screaming out reps as he struggles, red-faced, to push that 100-pound dumbbell a few more inches into the air and into the finishing line.
While there are obviously lots of exercises you can do with weights, the standing barbell shoulder press is one of the most effective for muscle builders. It helps build massive deltoids for broad shoulders that will make you look manly and toned in any sleeveless shirt.
The standing barbell press is one of the most basic yet most effective shoulder exercises.
The nice thing about doing this exercise while standing is you can use a little bounce in your legs on the last two or three reps to initiate the movement.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades