Learn how to do step back lunges with a plate twist. Presented by Real Jock Gay Fitness Health & Life.
Strengthen the stability of your core and your hips as you give your legs a workout. Using a weight plate and body twist adds an intense edge to the classic lunge.
Stand upright holding a weight plate with both hands close to the front of your chest.
1. Step back with your left foot and perform a lunge, dropping down through the back knee while keeping your upper body vertical. Be sure to keep the weight more in your right heel and do not push forward with your right knee.
2. At the bottom of your lunge, press the weight plate directly in front of you at chest level and rotate through your upper body to the right. Your hips should stay facing forward even as your shoulders turn to face the right side.
3. Return your shoulders to center, bring the weight plate back in toward your chest, and step back up to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the right leg back, rotating left with your upper body this time, and continue to alternate for a set of 20 (10 reps in each direction).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades