This classic, simple exercise from Men's Health is a great way to start building your body resistance. The video also gives great tips for your chest-toning progression.
Grab parallel dip bars and use your legs to boost yourself up so your arms are straight and all the weight is resting on your hands. Keeping your elbows tucked close to your body, slowly lower yourself by bending your elbows for a count of six seconds.
Your upper arms should be parallel to the floor at the end of the move. Place your feet on the floor to boost yourself back up and repeat.
As with the negative chin-up, this exercise helps you get used to lifting your body weight if you are not yet strong enough to push your self up. As with a full dip, the negative dip will work your chest, triceps and the front of your shoulder. Exhale as you lower yourself and breathe in as you boost up to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades