The abdominals can be considered one of the best signals of fitness and strength and is one of the most sought-after muscle groups to develop by both men and women. While the abdominals are very desirable, it can be one of the most difficult areas to distinguish and maintain. This article's purpose is to give you the hard truths, advice, and workout for gaining a hard body and new look.
While a plan of action is necessary to achieve a six pack, it is important to understand exactly what the general purpose is behind the workout and diet. Fact: The majority of individuals do not have a visible six pack because the muscle is covered by belly fat.
Developing the abdominal muscles is half the battle. While the center of an abs workout is concerned with developing the muscle, the other half must be concerned with burning fat. There is an understanding that while the workout is important, dieting becomes just as important to your success.
Working out is a half hour commitment while dieting is a 24/7 commitment. Fat burning is a long process that requires patience, but eventually, with time, you can achieve your goals. Fact: No amount of abdominal exercise is going to specifically target that stubborn belly fat. Crunches do not burn belly fat just as squats do not burn thigh fat. Any exercising burns body fat throughout the body, which is why fat burning is a long process. Instead of being removed from a specific part, fat is removed throughout the body, which requires more time. Simply put, the lower the body fat percentage added with the size of the abdomens results in a six pack.
Now for the real material. If you surf the internet for abdominal workouts, you will discover thousands of websites and pages providing "quick" and "easy" workout routines and exercises said to work. The truth: A six pack is not easily achieved. There is no magic 10 minute workout or pill that will provide the results you expect. Abdominal strength and definition requires a serious workout and diet plan, plain and simple. In order to get serious results, you need to push your body to the extreme and break limitations. To be upfront: Give yourself 2 months of perseverance, dedication, and self-restraint and you will recieve the results you desire. You get what you put into it.
This workout consists of both traditional military and toning exercises complementary to each other. The workout itself consists of a series of super sets, each separated by a minute of jump rope. Upon completion of the series, repeat the loop another two times. Take a look:
1 minute of jump rope
1 minute of jump rope
1 minute of jump rope
1 minute rest/water break
Complete 3 loops in order to finish workout.
*Four count exercise
Do not neglect the jump rope, as its main purpose is to keep the heart rate up which maximizes fat burning. Remember to push as hard as possible during each exercise, as every push and pull helps. As you progress throughout this program, you will find this workout becomes easier and easier. This is great news, because it means your muscles are developing.
While there is no specific diet guaranteed to give results, there are general guidelines that can be followed.
- Generally, a good caloric intake is about 1500 calories per day. Do not do fewer than 1200 calories, because any fewer calories than this may lead to a lack of the basic important nutrients to the body.
- I am sure you have heard this before, mainly because of its importance: eat six high protein meals a day. The purpose here is to feel full throughout the day. Protein is a great way to accomplish this as it is difficult for the enzymes in the stomach acid to break down the protein and it therefore takes the body longer to digest. Protein is also a great muscle builder.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Do not be afraid to consume calories at breakfast time because most of these calories will be burned throughout the day.
- Do not eat after 7 pm, especially any carbohydrates. Any carbs left in the stomach before going to bed are not burned off in time and will be turned directly into fat.
- Avoid alcohol as it adds calories and negatively affects protein synthesis as well as any other muscle building substances made naturally in the body (creatine for example).
- DRINK WATER, at least 64 ounces a day. This cannot be stressed enough. While the body is dependent on water, water consumption also aids in stopping hunger and provides the body with energy.
- Do not skip meals. Skipping meals to turn your body into starvation mode, where it conserves nutrients and other ingredients necessary for muscle development. Once the body leaves starvation, it will require more food and thus aids in gaining wait.
- 1 gram of protein per 1 pound of body weight is the general rule when it comes to supplementing for any muscle development (150 lb = 150 g).
- Add two "freebie" meals during the week in which you can eat higher calorie foods. This is meant to avoid the increase in temptations which can bottle up enough to a point where you may give up dieting.
- Exercise outside. This can help work up a good sweat. Make sure to have a water bottle with you.
- Be patient. After 2 months, you will have great results.
- Be aware that after 4-6 weeks, your body will begin to plateau. Take a week off and/or change workout plan.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades