This great end of workout exercise from Men's Health is relatively simple. A muscle isolation exercise keeps your muscles stretched and flexible for the next time.
Place a bench between the stacks of a cable crossover station and attach stirrup handles to the low-pulley cables. Grab a handle with each hand and lie face up on the bench with your feet flat on the floor. Hold your arms straight above your chest with palms facing each other.
Keeping your arms slightly bent, very carefully lower your hands out to the sides in an arc until you feel a good stretch in the chest. Aim to squeeze the chest muscles at the top of each rep. Pause and reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
Make sure you choose a very light weight when starting off as going too heavy too soon could result in a chest or shoulder injury. This isolation exercise is best performed towards the end of your workout.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades