This improvisation on the classic row is a great way to improve your upper back muscles. Men's Health suggests holding the bar higher for optimal toning.
Attach a lat pull down bar to the cable of a cable row station. Sit on the floor and bend forward at the waist to grab the bar with a wide grip. Keeping your back straight, pull the bar inward and upwards towards your chin. Control the weight as it pulls your arms back out in front of you.
Many of you will be familiar with the close grip seated row which is pulled towards the stomach. The wide grip version shown here is a great move for introducing variety to your back workouts.
The higher angle of the bar will lead to more stress on the upper back and trapezius. The biceps and fore arm muscles will also be worked as you pull the bar towards you and control the weight as it returns to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades