This incremental workout from Men's Health is a great way to tone your back. Pay special attention to the technique!
Sit at a lat pull-down station and grab the bar with an overhand grip, your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Keeping your head and back straight, pull your shoulder blades down then pull the bar to your chest. Slowly let the bar rise. Breathe out and squeeze the back muscles as you pull the bar towards you.
Breathe in as you return the bar to the starting position. The wide-grip pull-down targets the back and bicep, while the over-hand grip puts a lot of stress on the forearms and grip. It is ok to have a very slight lean as you start the move but do not swing back as you pull the bar towards the chest.
This is often done behind the neck but we recommend keeping the bar in front of your face as this is easier on the shoulders and reduces the risk of injury. Practise this exercise if you have not yet developed the strength to perform a body weight pull-up.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades