Find out how to tone your legs with help from Men's Health. In this video, learn the "barbell squat" exercise, which will work your lower body and core muscles. It's a great leg workout.
Place a bar-bell at chest height in a squat rack. Grab the bar with an overhand grip slightly wider than shoulder-width and rest it across the back of your shoulders. Lift the bar off the rack and step back keeping your back naturally arched, bend at the hips and knees to slowly squat as low as you can comfortably go. Push yourself back up to the standing position. Inhale as you descend and exhale as you return to the starting position.
We recommend that you wear flat shoes and get used to the bar without padding the neck area. As using a large pad on your neck can cause the bar to sit too high and wearing large sport trainers can cause you to lean forward.
This exercise will work your lower body and core and increase the amount of positive natural hormones in your body, which are responsible for muscle growth. The squat should be the staple of any exercise routine regardless of your gym experience and goals.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades