To maximize your arm muscles, the "standing barbell curl" is the perfect exercise. To better maximize your muscles, keep tension on the arms throughout the move. This triceps muscle exercise from Men's Health is great for any man looking to get in shape.
Stand holding a bar-bell in front of your thighs with an underhand grip, your hands shoulder-width apart. Keeping your back straight and your elbows at your sides, slowly curl the bar up in a semi-circular motion until your forearms touch your biceps.
Pause then slowly lower the bar to about an inch in front of your thighs before repeating the move. This simple bicep exercise is almost always performed badly. Do not swing or jerk the bar up but instead aim to keep tension on the arms throughout the move.
Try standing with your back against a wall to help prevent yourself from cheating on this exercise. Try not to let your elbows drift forward as this puts stress on the shoulder instead of the target muscles – the biceps.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades