If you thought pull-ups and chin-ups were hard, guess again… this "side-to-side pull-up" takes the lead. Although tough, this exercise is great in keeping your arms toned. This pull-up exercise from Men's Health is ideal for the more advanced trainer, who has outgrown the standard chin-up.
Grab a chin-up bar with an overhand grip, your hands wider than shoulder width. Pull yourself up and to the right with the goal of bringing your chin to your right hand. Lower yourself.
Next, pull yourself up and towards your left hand. Again try to touch your chin to the target hand. Breathe out as soon as you lift yourself up and breathe in as you descend towards the starting position.
The side-to-side pull-up is ideal for the more advanced trainer, who has outgrown the standard chin-up. This variation will still work all of the muscles involved in the standard chin-up - the back, biceps, forearms and core. Too easy? Try 10 to the left, 10 to the right and finish with 10 in the middle. Also try a wider grip.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades