If you have a Swiss ball, then it's probably about time you used it, and the "lying Swiss-ball row with external rotation" is a great exercise to try out. Men's Health gives you the lowdown on this arm workout. As with the incline bench row, you will work your back, biceps and forearm muscles.
Holding a light dumb-bell in each hand, lie face down on a Swiss ball with your chest off the ball so your body is inclined. Your arms should hang down in front of the ball, palms facing your feet.
Keeping your neck straight, slowly pull the weights up until your upper arms are parallel to the floor, then rotate your forearms forward until your palms face the floor. Pause, then reverse the motion to lower the weights to the starting position. We recommend that you first master this on a bench angled at 45º before progressing to the Swiss ball.
As with the incline bench row, you will work your back, biceps and forearms.
The rotation will help maintain a healthy shoulder joint, while the ball increases both the level of difficulty and the amount of stress placed on the core muscles. If you really struggle with balance, try placing your feet further apart. Breathe in as you lift and rotate, breathe out as you slowly return to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades