Maintain your shoulder joint rotation. Men's Health recommends this workout for maximum upper body flexibility.
Lie face down on a bench that's set at a 45º incline and hold a light dumb-bell in each hand with an overhand grip. Your arms should hang face down with your palms facing your feet. Keeping your head down, pull the weights up until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Your elbows should point out to the side and be bent at 90º angles.
Keeping your upper arms stationary, rotate the weights forward until your palms face the floor. Pause, then reverse the movement and return to the starting position. The pulling action works the same muscles as the bent over row (the back, bicep and forearm muscles).
The shoulder rotation at the top works the muscles that can often be neglected when simply lifting weights up and down. This rotation helps maintain a healthy shoulder joint. Remember to breathe in as you pull and rotate, and breathe out as you slowly return the weights to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades