The chin-up… everybody hates them. But it's one of the best exercise you can do to improve arm strength. Men's Health shows you the correct way to do a "chin up" in this exercise video. When performing a chin-up, keeping a slight bend maintains tension in your biceps.
Grab a chin-up bar with an underhand grip, palms facing towards you, your hands about shoulder width apart. Pull yourself up until the bar is below your chin. Squeeze your biceps at the top.
Now, slowly lower yourself until your arms are almost straight. Keeping a slight bend maintains tension in your biceps, although your back and forearms will be also be working hard to help lift you up and down.
If you find yourself swinging, just touch your toes slightly onto the ground at the end of each rep. This will help stabilize you as you work towards finishing your set. Breathe out as you lift up and breathe in again as you descend towards the floor.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades