The "cable preacher curl" will work the biceps in your arms and minimize stress on your wrists. Men's Health gives you all the details on this arms workout, great for bicep muscles.
Place a preacher curl bench in front of a low pulley cable station. Attach a rope to the cable and grab an end with each hand. Rest your upper arms on the pad in front of you with your palms facing each other.
Keeping your back straight and your upper arms pressed against the pad, bend your elbows to curl the rope upwards to your shoulders. Pause, then slowly lower your arms to the starting position.
On a conventional standing bicep curl it is easy to swing the bar and cheat the weight up. The preacher bench makes this a lot harder to do. The rope also helps minimize stress on the wrists, which can often happen when using a bar-bell in this exercise. Aim to slowly contract and squeeze the biceps at the peak of each rep.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades