This instructional video from Men's Health demonstrates one of the best ways of toning your abs. Start out with an easy weight and progress to a heavier ball for more effectiveness.
Lie on your back holding a medicine ball in front of your chest, elbows flared out to the sides. Bend your knees slightly and curl your torso up so your upper body is at a 45° angle. This is your starting position.
Bring your left knee towards your chest as you straighten your right leg and simultaneously twist your upper body to the left until your right elbow meets your left knee. Reverse the move, drawing your right knee to your left elbow. Try to alternate without resting until you reach your prescribed number of reps.
The bicycle move has been shown to be the best for working the abs and the obliques in studies by the American Council on Exercise. To advance, simple try using a heavier medicine ball and repeat the technique.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades