Before attempting this abs workout from Men's Health, make sure you're loose and start off light before increasing the weight. This "dumbbell double wood chop" exercise is a more advanced one, so be careful… start off light.
Hold a light dumb-bell with a hand over hand grip, your arms extended above your left shoulder. Keeping your arms straight but not locked, bend at the knees and forcefully rotate your torso to the right as you draw your arms down and across your body.
When your arms reach the outside of your right ankle, pause, then quickly reverse the movement with the same intensity, pausing at the top. That's just one rep. Go for your prescribed number of reps, then hold the weight over your right shoulder and repeat the move, this time chopping towards your left ankle. By accelerating, rotating and decelerating you work your core muscles in a much more varied way.
As with all advanced exercises, we recommend you start off light before increasing the weight. Increase the speed of the movement as you become confident in both accelerating and decelerating. Exhale as you lift up and inhale as you approach the target ankle. Make sure no one is close by when you perform this exercise and try not to let go of the dumb-bell!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades