The sumo squat works all leg muscles, although it can also be used to target the inner thighs. This exercise can be performed with or without weighted resistance. The key to this exercise is to stand with the feet beyond shoulder width. The wide stance forces the inner thigh muscles to work harder. The toes should be turned out.
Once the feet are in position, hold the medicine ball in front of the body. The arms should hang freely during the movement. Squat down until the legs are parallel. A partial movement (e.g. half way down) is okay for those with limited mobility. Be sure to keep the back straight and head up. Exhale as you stand up.
Stand with the feet wide. The ball should hang freely in front of the body.
Squat down until the legs are parallel to the floor.
Return to the starting position and repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades