If you are trying to work the hips and butt, this exercise is for you! The side kick mainly targets the gluteus muscles. Any movement away from the center of the body is known as "abduction."
To perform the side kick exercise with resistance, place the tubing around the ankles. To add stability to the exercise, grasp hold of any stationary object. Start with the feet together. Next, move one leg outward/laterally as high as you can go. Maintain an erect posture as best you can. Slowly return to the starting position. Try not to let the "rubber band effect" take place. It is important to control the momentum of the resistance tubing during the side kick exercise.
Secure resistance tubing around ankles, feet together.
Raise the leg outward.
Slowly return the leg to the starting position.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades