The reverse leg kick is perfect for working the glutes/butt. It is very easy to perform, and is one of the few exercises that works the glute muscles exclusively [with assistance from the hamstring muscles].
Begin by placing one knee on a weight bench. Use your hands to support your upper body. The toe of the "working leg" should lightly touch the floor. In one sweeping motion, keep the leg straight and slowly kick backwards until it is even with the back.
As you kick the leg back, try to manually contract or squeeze the glute muscle, as it will enhance the exercise. Slowly lower the leg, tap the toe on the floor, and repeat the exercise. Be sure to control the speed of the leg at all times. Never rush this exercise. You should breathe out as you kick your leg back.
Place one knee on bench. Support upper body with hands. Toe of "working leg" should tap floor.
Slowly kick the leg backward until it is straight. Exhale.
Lower the leg, tap the toe, and repeat several times.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades