If you are looking for a different exercise to work the back muscles, try the med ball pullover. The largest muscle in the back is scientifically known as the latissimus dorsi. You might see it referred to as the "lats" or "wings." The lats are used any time you pull something. For example, when you open a fridge or a car door, you are primarily using your lat muscles.
Begin by lying down on a stability ball. Try to position the ball on your upper back. Hold the weighted med ball directly over your head with your arms straight (Note: The elbows can be slightly bent, but they must stay locked into position). Slowly lower the med ball until it is even with the body, then return to the starting position. In this exercise, you should exhale as you pull the weight back to the starting position.
Position upper back on ball. Grasp med ball and extend arms.
Keep arms locked into position and lower the ball until even with body.
Pull the med ball back to starting point. Exhale as you pull.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades