The largest muscle in the back is scientifically known as the latissimus dorsi. You might see it referred to as the "lats" or "wings." The lats are used any time you pull something. For example, when you open a fridge or a car door, you are primarily using your lat muscles. The lat pulldown with resistance tubing is a great way to target the back muscles.
This execise can be done on the floor, chair, bench, ball, etc. First, anchor the resistance tubing up high. From a seated position, grasp the tubing handles and fully extend your arms over your head. Pull the tubing down to your neck/chest area. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat the movement. You should exhale as you pull the tubing downward.
From a seated position, grasp tubing with arms fully extended.
Pull tubing to neck/chest area. Exhale.
Slowly return to the starting position. Repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades