Here is a simple exercise you can do for the gluteus muscles. Abduction means to move away from the center of the body. In this exercise, your leg will move laterally (outward). When the leg moves laterally, the primary muscle being worked is the gluteus.
Lean sideways on a workout ball. Place your hands on the ball for balance. Place your bottom knee on the floor. Your top leg should be straight with your shoe resting on the floor.
Slowly raise your leg as high as you can. Pause for a second at the top of the movement. Then lower your leg back to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for several repetitions.
Lean sideways on ball. Extend top leg.
Slowly lift leg as high as possible.
Lower leg to starting position. Repeat for several repetitions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades