Here is a simple exercise. Heel touchers are primarily used to work the oblique muscles. The obliques are used to assist with rotation of the torso, as well as basic abdominal contractions. The obliques are commonly referred to as the "love handles." It is important to note that even though the heel toucher is an oblique exercise, the entire abdominal area is being worked. A workout mat or soft surface is recommended.
Start in the supine position (on your back) with your knees bent and hands by your sides. Contract the abs by lifting the shoulders about 3 inches off the floor. Reach to one side and touch your heel. Do the same thing on the other side. Repeat the movement in alternating fashion. As you reach for the heels, try to manually contract the oblique muscles to make the exercise more effective. Be sure to keep the head straight and chin up.
Lie on your back.
Crunch the abs. Touch the heels one at a time in alternating fashion.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades