The push-up is one of the most recognizable upper body exercises. Push-ups are generally done to work the chest muscles. However, close grip push-ups primarily work the triceps. The following are instructions for performing the close grip push-up:
First, kneel down on the ground and place your hands approximately 6 inches apart or less. The body should be suspended on four contact points: the toes of both feet and each arm. Next, ensure your back is perfectly straight, then slowly lower your upper body until the chest is a few inches from the ground (or until the elbows are about 90 degrees). Try to keep your elbows close to your rib cage as you descend. Slowly push up to the starting position and exhale as you push. Repeat the exercise.
Position hands a few inches apart. Arms straight, back flat.
Lower your upper body by bending elbows. Keep elbows close to rib cage.
Exhale, then push the body back up to the start position. Repeat the exercise.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades