Cable crossovers are great for building and shaping the chest muscles. This exercise is performed using a cable pulley machine. First, ensure that the cable pulley is mounted above shoulder height. Adjust the weight (usually a weight stack) as needed.
Grasp the handles of each cable and position yourself in the center of the pulleys. Your arms should be extended out to your sides with a slight bend in your elbow. Your legs can either be shoulder width apart, or you can lunge forward on one leg. Bend your waist forward slightly.
Next, keep your arms locked into position and bring both cable handles downward and to the center near the thigh area. Technically, the cables are supposed to "cross" each other. But you can also meet the cables handles in the center. Finally, control the momentum and raise the arms back up to the starting point.
Grab handles. Stand in center of machine. Bend waist forward slightly.
Bring pulleys to center (crossing the handles is optional).
Return to start point. Be sure to control momentum on the way up.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades