This exercise is a convenient alternative to the traditional barbell row. The main target is the upper back, or scientifically, the latissimus dorsi. The "lat" muscles function to pull things. So whenever you open a door, your lat muscles are allowing the movement to take place.
Begin by securing the resistance tubing under your shoes. Ensure that the tubing line is fairly tight. The goal is to ensure that there is plenty of resistance throughout the entire range of motion.
Bend over so that your back is approximately 45 degrees. Be sure to maintain a straight back, as it will ensure proper spinal alignment. Bend your knees slightly, then pull the resistance tube into your abdomen area. Your elbows should remain close to your rib cage as you pull. Slowly lower the tubing and repeat the exercises as desired.
IMPORTANT: Never round your lower back. This is bad for the spine.
Grasp tubing handles. Bend 45 degrees.
Pull tubing into abdomen area. Keep elbows in.
Return to start position. Repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades