Assisted pull-ups, as the name implies, allow you to perform pull-ups with help. In this exercise, the help is in the form of heavy duty rubber bands. This version of the pull-up is a great alternative for those who are unable to perform a traditional pull-up.
For this exercise, a medium band is recommended. Start by linking/choking the band to the pull-up bar. Next, loop the opposite end of the band under your shoe. Alternatively, you can secure the band under one knee.
Jump up to grasp the pull-up bar with an overhand grip. Your arms should be fully extended and slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Pull yourself up until your chin moves past than the bar. Slowly lower yourself back to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for several repetitions.
Secure bands under one foot or knee. Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width. Grasp pull-up bar.
Pull up until chin passes bar.
Slowly lower back to starting point. Repeat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades