The slide board pike is an advanced exercise that requires "above average" upper body strength. Balance, flexibility, and muscular control are also important components of this exercise.
Begin in the push-up position with your body straight. Grasp the slide board ramp with both hands. Keep your legs locked, then flex your hips. Your feet should slide forward toward your hands. In the full pike position, your feet should come within inches of the slide board ramp. Slowly allow your feet to slide backward to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for several repetitions.
If you do not possess the leg (hamstring) flexibility to perform a full pike, you might try placing an aerobic step across the slide board. This will enable you to achieve the pike position without having to reach down to the ground.
Get into push-up position. Grasp wooden slide board ramp.
Keep knees locked. Flex the hips. Feet should move toward hands.
In the full pike position, the feet should be within inches of hands. Slowly return to starting position. Repeat as needed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades